On Tuesday, quite a few ballot issues are vying for your attention. Legalize this, stop groups from doing that, etc. etc. Normal election day shenanigans. But, this year is different. That difference this year is the Cincinnati Parks Levy.
While there are many perks to this levy, the cyclist in me is excited. A few of the cycling focused parts to the parks levy:
- Continue work on the Ohio River Trail West, connecting Smale Park and Anderson Ferry
- Create the Mill Creek Valley Trail
- Build the Wasson Way Trail, check out it's amazing potential here
- Create the Oasis River Trail, which will connect Downtown to the Lunken Airport Trail and beyond
- Create the Mt. Airy Multi-Use Trail, which will be open to mountain bikes and ready for trail running marathons!
Overall, this is a great way for the city to invest in the outdoors to invest in itself. All political speak aside, we could all use more time outside. This levy will help keep the parks alive and also pushing our parks into one of the greatest in the country. Read more about the levy here.