Morgans Little Miami Triathlon 2016 - Fall Series
Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon Series is the largest triathlon of its type in the United States, drawing participants from over 25 states. The Triathlon is comprised of a 6 mile canoe, 5.5 mile run, and an 18 mile bike race, in that order. The race takes place in the beautiful and historic Little Miami River Valley. After the race, enjoy a hot meal and live music provided by The Grey Dogs at our after-party held in the historically significant Ft. Anicent State Memorial Park! New this year is a 1/2 triathlon (read more about this below).
- Morgan’s is the oldest Triathlon of its' kind, being modeled one year after the first Iron Man Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii in 1979, with the canoe/kayak leg replacing the swim portion. Morgans is the originator of a triathlon that has the paddling component, with many other races being copied after our race.
- The event is made up of 2 person teams; your combined time is used in the results. We also offer an individual/kayak division.
The kayak division is designed for those who wish to race individually without a partner. Participants in the kayak division can bring their own or use a Morgan kayak. The price is the same.
- First heats for the spring event go out at 8am; for the fall event the first heat is 9am.The 1/2 triathlon heats will begin at 10am this spring and 10:30 in the fall.
We now have a Half Mini Triathlon option! Walkers are welcome in the Half Triathlon division.
- Can't commit to the time it takes to compete in the full triathlon? Want to run with your child or a parent who may not be physically able to endure the full tri? Not sure that you are ready for the full triathlon? Then the 1/2 triathlon is ideal for you! The 1/2 triathlon includes a 3 mile paddle segment, 2 mile run (or walk) and 8 mile bike ride, along with the after-party celebration. Price is the same for either full or 1/2 event. This is a fun race and there will not be awards given, but it will be timed. Note: There is a division for walkers in the 1/2 Tri too!
- Plan ahead! Our spring triathlon is always the first Sunday in June and the fall event is the first Sunday in October.
- Register under different divisions: Male/Male, Female/Female, Male/Female,Parent/Child, Masters(combined ages of 80+) and Centurions (combined age of 100+). Due to time constraints, walkers will only be eligible for the Half Triathlon.
Training -Our official running/retailer/training partner is the House of Run N Tri owned by renowned trainer Joe Fung. Join one of his training groups to get in top shape to compete! Also, discounts to enter in the Tri available with the purchase of $50 or more when joining one of his running groups or purchasing merchandise from his store.
Awards - are given to the 10% of performers in each division for the Full Triathlon. Every participant receives a momento!
Benefits - Both the spring and fall triathlons benefit the Cincinnati Association for the Blind by sponsoring an annual guided raft tour and dinner. It also benefits various Boy Scout Troops of the area and Cancer Free Kids. Please contact Cancer Free Kids for information on how your participation can benefit their important cause.
Pre-Registration Price: $145 for a 2 Person Team; $115 for 2 Person Team, Open Division; $85 for Kayak Individual Entry
Race Day Price: $165 for a 2 Person Team; $135 for 2 Person Team, Open Division; $95 for Kayak Individual Entry ($10 more per person)
Hi Tech T-shirt (New Design every year!) - $10 re-registration price; $15 race day price (quantities/sizes are limited on race day)
Registration includes kayak or canoe rental with life jackets and paddles, the after-party celebration with a hot meal,beverages and live entertainment, race day souvenirs and chipped timing results. Water stops are provided along the way on both the running and bike course.