Morgan's Little Miami Triathlon 2016
Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon Series is the largest triathlon of its type in the United States. The triathlon draws participants for each event from over 25 states. Register here:
- Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon is comprised of a 6 mile canoe, 5.5 mile run, and an 18 mile bike race, in that order. After the race, enjoy a hot meal and live music provided by The Grey Dogs at our after party! New this year is a 1/2 triathlon (read more about this below).
- Morgan’s is the oldest Triathlon of its' kind, being modeled one year after the first Iron Man Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii in 1979, with the canoe/kayak leg replacing the swim portion.
- The event is made up of 2 person teams;your combined time is used in the results. We also offer an individual/kayak division. Awards are given to the top winners in each of these race divisions.
The kayak division is designed for those who wish to race individually without a partner. Participants in the kayak division can bring their own or use a Morgan kayak. The price is the same.
In the walking division, you are still a two person team, but one or both participants can walk and be timed with other walkers. The walkers are only eligible for the Mini (Half) Triathlon due to time restraints.
- First heats for the spring event goes out at 8am; for the fall event the first heat is 9am.The 1/2 triathlon heats will begin at 10am this spring.
We now have a Half Mini Triathlon option and a kayak division! Walkers are welcome in the Half Triathlon division.
- The 1/2 triathlon is ideal for those who still want to compete but due to various issues including timing constraints, wanting to compete with a child or family member, or just wanting a less strenuous experience..this is for you! The 1/2 triathlon includes a 3 mile paddle segment, 2 mile run (or walk) and 8 mile bike ride, along with the after party. Price is the same for either full or 1/2 event. This is a fun race and there will not be awards given, but it will be timed.
Plan ahead! Our spring triathlon is always the first Sunday in June and the fall event is the first Sunday in October.
Register under different divisions: Male/Male, Female/Female, Male/Female,Parent/Child, Masters(combined ages of 80+) and Centurions (combined age of 100+). Due to time constraints, walkers will only be eligible for the Half Triathlon.
Our official running/retailer/training partner is the House of Run N Tri owned by renowned trainer Joe Fung. Join one of his training groups to get in top shape to compete! Also, discounts to enter in the Tri available with the purchase of $50 or more when joining one of his running groups or purchasing merchandise from his store.
Awards are given to the top performers in each division for the Full Triathlon. Every participant receives a momento!
- Both the spring and fall triathlons benefit the Cincinnati Association for the Blind by sponsoring an annual guided raft tour and dinner. It also benefits various Boy Scout Troops of the area and Cancer Free Kids. Please contact Cancer Free Kids for information on how your participation can benefit their important cause.