Must be pre-registered, please see below!
Advanced Skills: Kayak Rescue & Re-Entry Session
We have selected key “rescue and re-entry” skills that will be taught in a 2-hour session in an indoor pool to coach and give you an opportunity to practice thereby increasing your comfort and confidence in a kayak.
WE WILL COVER:
Over the course of this 2-hour session we will demonstrate and you will learn and practice these techniques and maneuvers helping you to become a better and more confident paddler.
• Wet exits WITH skirts
• Edging & Leaning
• Low Braces
• High Braces
• Bow Rescues
• Plus review of techniques and maneuvers taught in the Basic Skills Session
WORKSHOP DATES & TIMES
Includes 2-hour session
Sunday, March 20, 2016
Session is from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Advanced Skills Session:
$50.00 per participant, class is limited to 5 participants.
Advance registration and payment is required.
Cost includes one 2-hour session.
If you cancel on or before March 13th, 2016 you may get a full refund if we have a replacement participant on the wait list.
No refunds for cancellations after March13th, 2016.
Advanced Sessions: If you need equipment the cost is $30.00 per participant, includes kayak, life vest, paddle, paddle float, bilge pump, webbing and spray skirt. (Limited availability)
You may bring your own kayak with these stipulations: the kayak MUST have at least one bulkhead (bow and stern bulkheads are preferred) and MUST arrive thoroughly cleaned inside and outside before entry into pool is allowed. It will be inspected. No exceptions!
The following is required for this workshop:
1. Kayak with at least one bulkhead, thoroughly cleaned.
2. Neoprene Spray Skirt
2. Sling (tubular webbing)
3. Paddle & Paddle Float
4. PFD – Life Vest
5. Nose Plugs (optional but recommended)
6. Bilge Pump (optional but recommended)
7. You may also want to bring a change of clothes, a towel and a water bottle.
West Carrollton YMCA – INDOOR POOL
900 S. Alex Road
West Carrollton, OH 45449-2108
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Each participant must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
• Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in the course outline while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
• Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water.
• Be able to effectively communicate with the instructor and other course participants.
• Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
• Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
For more information call (937) 847-8787 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org